Educational School and Daycare Programs
Our presentations are highly informative, engaging, and interactive. We provide an enjoyable experience for our audience, while instilling a greater understanding of these unique animals and the incredible lives they live.
Our presentations are available for a variety of different venues including but not limited to: schools, after-school programs, libraries, daycare centers, and home school students.
Our programs are designed to be age/grade appropriate and are available from pre-K to the collegiate level. At the middle-school and high school level our programs can serve as an excellent supplement to life science or biology classes during the reptile and amphibian sections of the course, allowing students to observe first-hand the diversity of these animals.
- A typical program will include between ten and twelve of our fascinating reptiles and amphibians, including frogs, a salamander, turtles, lizards, snakes, and a small crocodilian (We welcome your suggestions on which animals will be used in our presentation).
- At the conclusion of our presentation we provide an opportunity for the students to come up and take a closer look at our animals, including a chance to touch one or two of our animals in a controlled setting, after which we provide hand sanitizer to the students.
- Our background: Jamie and Melissa Pastika have a combined experience of more than twenty years as professional animal keepers working at some of the finest zoological institutions in the country including the Jacksonville Zoo, Busch Gardens, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. They both have Bachelor of Science degrees, Jamie in zoo-science and Melissa in biology. You can learn more about them under the “About Us” tab.
- We prefer to offer our programs to smaller groups of students (one or two classes at a time) to offer a more personalized experience, but are able to do larger groups at your request. Our programs are priced as modestly as possible to allow for multiple presentations. This allows for better age grouping and a more rewarding experience for each student.
Rates for our programs are as follows:
- A one hour presentation is $175.00 for audiences of up to 60 people. For two or more consecutive programs the price is reduced to $145 per hour.
- Presentations to audiences larger than 60 people are $205.00 for a one hour and fifteen minute presentation (fifteen minutes of additional time for touching is necessary with groups of this size).
- We also have a $540.00 full day rate (4 to 6 hours). For full day bookings we require a $150 non-refundable deposit to hold the date.
- There will be an extra $5 charge if paying by credit card to help cover our card processing fees.
- Discounts are given with two or more hours of presentations.
- There is an additional charge of 50 cents per mile over 100 miles round trip from Owatonna, MN. For full day bookings the free mileage is extended to 200 miles round trip.
- We want all students to be able to enjoy and learn from our programs, so we are willing to provide discounts for those schools facing financial constraints.
We have confidence that you will find our programs to be a good educational experience for your students, based on the extremely positive responses that we continually receive. If you do not find this to be the case, the cost of your program will be reduced to the minimal amount of our cost of transportation to your program. Notice must be given to the presenter following the 1st hour.
Cancelation Policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule a program please let us know as soon as possible. If you cancel/reschedule at least one week out from your program date there is no cancelation fee. If it is within the week leading up to the program there is a $50 fee unless the program is rescheduled for a future date. No cancelation notice will result in a full charge.